Persistence & DTSTTCPW: ZODB clone?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Feb 1 09:39:27 UTC 2002

Have you guys ever worked with GemStone (or any similar OODB)?

Anyway - Stephen Pair has been doing very interesting work in this
direction and demonstrated parts of it at OOPSLA. One of these things is
his "CATS" - a transaction service much like the one used in for example
GemStone. Looked very neat and solid to me.

I know he has been thinking about all the other parts too and a small
bird has whispered in my ear that there might be stuff coming...

As another sidenote, I have been playing with ImageSegments a bit and
<plug> if you sign up for an account at SqueakDot </plug> you can
actually see it in action right there - you can
checkpoint/revert/analyze your account using ImageSegments and you will
see some performance numbers right away.

regards, Göran

PS. <CSOTD>
"Newbie tip: Bags are perfect for histograms and polls. It is what the
SDPoll class uses at SqueakDot.
Do a 'print it' of below to see the number of votes for 'Yes'."
| votes |
votes _ Bag new.
votes add: 'Yes'; add: 'Yes'; add: 'No'.
votes occurrencesOf: 'Yes'
</CSOTD> DS