New Squeak

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 22:52:39 UTC 2002

Gary McGovern wrote:

> Hello,
> Tonight I just updated Squeak from 3,1 alpha to the latest updates. I've only played
> around for a few minutes and nearly everything I tried didn't work.
>
> MPEGMovieplayerMorph
> primitive failed.
>
> MPEGPlayerMorph
> primtive failed
>
> MPEGDisplayMorph
> nothing
>
> Grab with lasso from screen
> Message not understood.
>
> Grab with rubber band from screen
> Message not understood
>
> Grab flood ares from screen
> Message not understood.
>
> Are these still works in progress or should they be working ?

They should be working. My guess is that you need to grab the latest vm
and plugins. If you go onto the modules updates, you'll encounter futher
things_that_don't_work. Really, I'd suggest that you don't use the
modules version for "serious" work yet. But 4664 is pretty stable, in
*nix guise at least. Can't speak for Windows.

But the modules will represent a huge step forward when they're fully
debugged ;-)

Cheers

John

--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use