TextMorph events

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 03:15:20 UTC 2002

Gary McGovern wrote:

> Can anyone say what the best way of getting a TextMorph to work as a hypertext link (not
> web related)  is.
>
> Is there a trick? I haven't managed to override the default event successfully.

This is how Ned explained it somewhere:

"Highlight the code/text you want and use alt-6, then choose "Do it".
Then you can
change what's displayed by holding down shift and using the mouse or
keyboard
to select. Then type the new text.

You can make other kinds of active links this way, including links to
classes, methods, or URL's."

But while this works for most text_in_morphs, I don't think it'll work
for a plain old text morph. I could never come up with a satisfactory
explanation of why!

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use