Command/control key mapping

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 15:11:45 UTC 2002

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Friday 01 February 2002 09:04 pm, Doug Way wrote:
>
> > Which reminds me, do Linux apps typically use ctrl-x/c/v etc. for
> > cut/copy/paste etc.?  I'm guessing not, I remember when I used SGI/Irix the
> > apps (e.g. Netscape) tended to support emacs-like editing commands by
> > default instead.
>
> KDE does. They're "inspired" by Windoze...

Gimp does too! But the nice thing is that virtually all Linux apps
support the *nix "highlight to copy with left mouse button and paste
with middle one" function, which is one thing I really miss in Windows
(when I have to go there). Apparently this confuses some people used to
Sun's paste button.

It's worth remembering that one of the big splits between Linus and RMS
(mirrored throughout the Linux community) is over emacs, which people
variously regard as bloatware and a way of inducing RSI and as God's
gift to programmers......

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use