TextMorph events

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 00:05:49 UTC 2002

Gary McGovern wrote:

//snip//

> But, in windows, alt 6 changes the colour, alt d opens the browser in "TextMorph
> browse", but couldn't find the equivalent to Ned's example where he changed it to "Click
> me". That wouldn't work.

It should work. After about 3 goes I got it to work in #4664. But it
does require a fair bit of dexterity. The alt 6 is the same on Windows
and *nix (on PCs, at least). Alt 6 with the text selected should throw
up a menu. Click on "Do it" and the colour will change. Using shift to
make the selection should temporarily disable the do it action so you
can highlight, hit delete and type something else in. But selecting the
text is where things usually go pear shaped. As a proof of concept, I've
just done one that opens an inspector on TextMorph.

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use