Command/control key mapping

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sun Feb 3 22:21:33 UTC 2002

Chris,

If you have the #mouseOverForKeyboardFocus preference set to false
(which I always do, so that I can always have immediate access to the
"desktop command keys",) then you can close the active window from
the keyboard by hitting cmd-w while the mouse is *not* over the
window.

It's true that you may need to *nudge* the mouse, with the button up,
to get the cursor position outside the bounds of the active window.

Another way, that works *wherever* the cursor may be, is to hit
shift-ESC (which brings up the world menu) followed by cmd-w.  For
this alternative to work, the menuKeyboardControl preference needs to
be set to true.

   -- Scott