Short module/delta module intro! Re: A Tool for managing modules

Bergel Alexandre bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 4 14:37:40 UTC 2002

Hello,

> Modules can be viewed as standalone collections of classes.

Why to constraint a module to be a collection of classe ? Why about to include instances ? Why not to attach a module to a behavior (one or several process) ?
Smalltalk (and specially Squeak) is different on so many points than other language, I think it could be pity to restrict a module for being a "simple" package (a la Java).
You could answer me : yes but there is project for that. Okay, project works well enought for graphic stuff, but I think we can *really* do more (at least to have something which works :-)

> They live in
> a namespace of their own and if they reference (references them,
> actually it's about globals in general, not only classes of course)
> other classe in other modules, those modules become so called "external
> modules" to the module. It's more or less like an "import" I guess. So a
> module "depends" on other modules in this way.

Okay, but I still do not understand how to to export and import a module...

Best regards,
Alexandre