Chats on SqueakDot! :-)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 4 16:05:10 UTC 2002

I am not sure if anyone is interested but... :-)

There is a new silly little feature on SqueakDot! ;-) A little webchat.

Yep, nothing fancy, but it might be useful. The idea is that when the
mailinglist gets a bit too flooded anyone can set up a "chat" about the
subject at hand. It will show up on the frontpage and everyone can head
over there to get a quicker turnaround on the posts than possible with
the mailinglist.

Right now the chats will be accessible from the frontpage until their
"valid days" are ended. But if you have the link to them they will be
accessible still. This also means that a "valid days" of 0 will create
"personal chats" that aren't seen from the top page - but if someone
tell you the url you can get it.

Well... by the way, sorry for any "bugs" during the weekend, when I
logged on late sunday I realized that a bug had locked the frontpage.
Oops. :-)

regards, Göran