Toch weer antwoord: RE: Antwoord: Squeak Internationalization (vo orheen: Re: AW: AW: -- Whats this 'AW:' mean?)

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 4 16:49:25 UTC 2002

I should find these articles again to do the details right.

But gezellig means something like: "on a cold winternight, sitting together
around the fire, sipping from your cup with hot choclat, telling nice
stories about the old days."
(I have my little doubts about this example, because you have evergreens
like: "Home on the ranch"

But to make it more concrete:
I was 2 years ago in SEATTLE, having a meal with the Dutch community
overthere.
Then at the end of the meal I was expecting that the gezellig part of the
evening would start,
but everyone went home, putting the last eatable parts in their doggy bags.
We do not have doggybags in our Restaurants in the Netherlands,
because the "nazit" starts after the dessert, so I do not have a Dutch
translation for Doggybags... )