[FIX] via source forge updates

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 5 00:22:44 UTC 2002

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> ANSI C and ISO C are identical, except for badge engineering.
> (I guess you mean not relying on anything in the Technical Corrigenda to
> the ISO standard.  The base document is the ANSI one renumbered and minus
> the rationale.)
Thanks for the info; the impression I got from skimming the web was that
ISO was an extension of ansi, which is sort of correct I guess but not
the entire truth. So, yes, I should have said 'un-corrected' ansi.

Of course, if there has been a 'correction' to ansi, then it ought to be
possible to rely upon it, but it doesn't seem we can do so just yet.
Maybe next century :-)

tim
Useful random insult:- Guillotining him would make only an aesthetic difference.