Bigger fonts + truetype font converter

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Tue Feb 5 10:27:10 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:

> > > I'm not sure if you mean bigger than the single default font
> > > (NewYork10) that is used initially for menus/lists/text. If so, try the
> > > world menu/appearance/system fonts. You can pick larger sizes and/or
> > > different fonts here. I should think NewYork24 would be large enough
> > > for just about anything.
> >
> > Sorry I was not clear on that :) But I do mean bigger than what Squeak
> > offers, not just the default font. 24pt is okay but still a bit small
> > for a presentation, I would prefer a 32pt font or so ...

To put on the wish list:

I would like to see a NewYork 36 point and a ComicBold 24 point font added
to the standard release image so that I can use Squeak for presentations
right out of the box - That would be a nice convenience.

However the Accufont solution and Andreas Raab's solution are fine.

Thanks to all who contributed to this font issues in the past. This is
really important to make Squeak usable in certain application areas.

Cheers
Hannes Hirzel