mac vm 3.2.3 sourge forge updates

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Feb 6 07:17:31 UTC 2002

Tim has been busy working on a VMMaker that doesn't copy files around.

To make Tim happy I've altered the macintosh build so you can use the
no-copy VMMaker, which Tim will announce shortly.

This required a change to the readme, and the project builder project.
Also it required a few header changes to the mac OpenGL programs.

I also posted the changes required to make sound recording work.

sqMacWindow.c

This required yet another change to how pseudo TickCounts is done.
Instead of using sigalrm, I use the old apple extended time manager,
which really then becomes a periodic pthread.

sqMacSound.c

A bit of fiddling to make sound recording work.

MMmm people who *are* doing sound recording should confirm I'm
actually supplying all the little bits you expect. Chirps, Pops,
Hisses shouldn't be expected. Also checking on real live stereo
input, or other forms of input (external mic?) versus the internal
mono-microphone would be appreciated.