[ALL] Stop talking....do it

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 6 14:56:00 UTC 2002

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> said:
>So I started to see some projects moving on so this is good, but I think
>that we should move faster. So when is the deadline for having a war plan
>for SqF? Should we propose some budgeted actions? Who is responsible for
>that?

The war plan is that before we accept money, we incorporate SqF so that
there is an entity to send the money to. The deadline for setting up SqF
has been self-imposed by Dan and accepted by the rest and is in June
(I would have to dig into the archives to see whether it was June 1 or
June 30, I think the former).

Incorporating is a tedious task. But as it seems you're so desparate to do
something ;), please read all the XXX Foundation websites I collected
on the SqF Swiki under 'Constitution' and add comments there on the
applicability of the bylaws etcetera of these entities ;-). That's the most
important step at the moment I think, to define the framework for SqF's rules
and to make sure that whathever comes out, it fits with what we all think the
Squeak Community should be and what SqF's role in it should be.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>