[modules] How to convert pools

Henrik Gedenryd h.gedenryd at open.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 15:56:26 UTC 2002

Doug Way wrote:

> (That's all fine & dandy, but I actually have some issues with whether
> DeltaModules will be able to handle purely additive class extensions in such a
> way that, e.g. the non-core Morph methods could be split off into different
> DeltaModules which don't interfere with each other, but could still all be
> loaded at the same time as part of a standard Squeak release.  But I need to
> look into it further, and it should probably be the topic of a separate
> message...)

In fact, that is one of the things the system definitely handles at this
point. There are specific tests for method extensions-adding, removing, and
changing methods. So that could in principle be done now. The problem is
that there is no good integration for redirecting interactive changes into
DeltaModules yet (like capturing changes).

Henrik