[Games] If Civilization Were Written In Squeak ...

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Wed Feb 6 17:06:53 UTC 2002

Does anybody else think it would be cool for Squeak if it got famous as a game platform?  Good for PR?  Good for getting lots of users that would use Squeak heavily and find lotsa things to improve ... ?

I was playing Civilization 3 a couple of weeks ago and thinking how much cooler it would be if it lived inside Squeak.  A pre-built etoy world that I was already interested in, would be a strong motivator for me to start playing with scripting.  It would be a very easy entry-point to the e-toy / scripting stuff, for attention-challenged goofballs -- me, for example.

Cordially,
Brent