[Slightly OT] Source code management

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 6 22:42:22 UTC 2002

Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> said:
>I don't think that's the point -- if you just want a canonical source,
>then anything will do.  SourceForge helps with other things:

Yup. In fact, I think The Canonical Source should be stored in Freenet ;-).

>	2. It has things *other* than file distrubition, that it would be nice
>not to reinvent.  Two big examples in my mind are version management and
>bug tracking.

But both very disintegrated from the fully-integrated world we happen to like.
So I fear some wheel reinvention activities are bound to take place
nevertheless...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>