[FIX] RE: [updates] 6 for 3.3a (JPEGReaderWriter2.h clash)

jmvuletich at uolsinectis.com.ar jmvuletich at uolsinectis.com.ar
Wed Feb 6 14:58:07 UTC 2002

Folks,

I've checked this in detail and I think I fixed it.

Previously, before Andreas' changes,
If you did JPEGReadWriter2Plugin translate you got:
	JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.h
	JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.c
If you did JPEGReadWriter2Plugin writeSupportFiles you got:
	jmemdatasrc.c
	jmemdatadst.c
	jconfig.h
	error.c

With Andreas' changes, if you do JPEGReadWriter2Plugin translate you get:
	JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.h
	JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.c
	jmemdatasrc.c
	jmemdatadst.c
	jerror.c

So, the file that should be named error.c is named jerror.c; and jconfig.h is missing.

This change set does the following:
- Modifies JPEGReadWriter2Plugin>>translate to write the correct file names, and to put jconfig.h in a subdirectory named libjpeg.
- Erases JPEGReadWriter2Plugin>>writeSupportFiles, as it's no longer used
- Modifies the class comment to state that libjpeg should go in a subdirectory.

Andreas and John, please check that the build works ok. (Right now, I can't check it). If everything is OK, this cs should go in the update stream.

>  > Well are you expecting
>  > the standard libjpeg jerror.c file to be overritten with
>  > errorFile

NO! I hope it's clear now.

>  Ah! I see what's happening. There was one jerror.c in the libjpeg dist
>  and one that's been generated from the plugin side. Since the two are
>  merged in the SF sources one overrides the other. One more good reason
>  for keeping libjpeg separated from the plugin I guess ;-) Since I had
>  the libjpeg sources separate (that's why I wanted those includes) I
>  didn't notice.
>
>  Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Regards,