[Q] Updating a SystemWindow wrapping a StringHolder

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Thu Feb 7 09:25:17 UTC 2002

Hi

I'm just updating the Swiki page on Hello World programs and
especially page
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2253

I use

sh _ (StringHolder new textContents: ('Hello World!!

This is a test.
') withSqueakLineEndings; openLabel: 'Workspace test').

To bring up a SystemWindow containing the 'Hello World' text.

Now I want to change the content of the window.

It is straightforware to use

sh textContents: '...my new text here...'.

However it does not show up.

OK then I try
sh changed.

It does not work.

Other attemps
sh update.   "gives a walkback"
sh topView changed. "no response"
sh topView update.  "walkback"

Where is the polymorphism here?

Or is using a StringHolder not a good example?
But it is the base class of 39 other classes?

Regards
Hannes Hirzel