squeak printing?

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Thu Feb 7 23:48:27 UTC 2002

At 11:13 AM -0800 2/7/02, John M McIntosh wrote:
>But I'm thinking I'm going to implement 5 methods just to start the
>ball rolling, we can refactor into a more proper implementation once
>we can actually lay ink on the page.
>
>Now on the mac we have a page setup dialog and a print dialog that
>are used to collect information about what to do. Right now I'm
>going to play stupid and not return any information about what the
>user has selected to Squeak, or pass in too much information.

How (or if) multiple-page print runs work isn't clear to me (and the
extent to which it isn't clear to me will be revealed in the
questions below   :-)

>pageSetup	- to get the page setup dialog, some platforms might
>not support
>preProcessing	- to get the print dialog and or other tasks , some
>platforms might not support
>postProcessing	- cleanup if required, some platforms might not support
>printForm: aForm - print a form

Can you send this message once per page, or more than once per page?
If more than once, what's the behavior? Are they all on the same
page? At what offsets?

>printPostscript: aString - print that postscript, some platforms
>might not support

Can this Postscript be for more than one page?

>printForms: aCollectionOfForms - print a collection of forms

Again with the pages collection... in the printed output, what's the
spatial relationship between each form?

>printPostscriptPages: aCollectionOfPostcriptPages - a collection of
>postscript pages

I assume each postscript page here is constrained not to have
multiple pages (who does the showpage?)

-Martin