squeak printing?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 8 15:34:21 UTC 2002

> However as pointed out what if you want to do both, and what if
> printing postscript before or after the rastering matters.

You mean, both forms and postscript?  When would this happen?  It sounds
like an unusual usage to me, and even if people want it, they could just
do separate print jobs.  Also, don't forget, everyone, that postscript
is quite general.  As two examples:

	1. You can convert bitmap images to postscript, using (I'm sure)
PostscriptCanvas.

	2. You can usually concatenate postscript files together to combine
them.

Also, I'm coming from the point of view that we aren't going to have
*real* sophisticated printing from Squeak, just because different OS's
handle it differently.  People who want something fancy will probably
end up using platform-specific tools, anyway.  The thing we really need
to support is users being able to get *some* printout easily.

-Lex