State of the RefactoringBrowser

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Feb 3 22:24:30 UTC 2002

The undo functionality is there in the model, but there's no UI for it,
yet. Couldn't decide where to stick it in the Browser - we don't have
them window menus in Morphic...

The current release is unfortunately somewhat broken because I put in an
internationalization change that broke the parser.

I should fix the archive, but in the mean time, here's a patch that
worked for Stef -

Scanner>>initialize
PatternVariableCharacter := $`.
ClassificationTable := Array new: 255.
self initializeChars:
'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ' to: #alphabetic.
self initializeChars: '01234567890' to: #digit.
self initializeChars: '!%&*+,-/<=>?@\~|' to: #binary.
ClassificationTable at: 177 put: #binary. "plus-or-minus"
ClassificationTable at: 183 put: #binary. "centered dot"
ClassificationTable at: 215 put: #binary. "times"
ClassificationTable at: 247 put: #binary. "divide"
self initializeChars: '().:;[]^{}_' to: #special.
#(9 10 12 13 26 32) do: [:i | ClassificationTable at: i put: #separator]

Note another thing - the keyboard control of menus works with the RB,
but it has a bug where if it's enabled, you lose the text selection when
invoking menu options with the mouse. Try to use the 'explain' feature
in any text morph, for example.

So you can either refactor using almost only keyboard (very cool!), or
using almost only mouse, but not both together.

Have fun.

Daniel