More Cheap-o Squeak-o hardware

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 22:45:34 UTC 2002

All-

For those of you interested in hacking these types of devices, probably
the best place to go for pointers and other information is:

http://www.linux-hacker.net/

The BBS in particular is a great place to pick up tips and tricks for
getting through the systems far enough to add Linux.  There's a whole
forum for this device (the MSN Companion).  The new low price at
TigerDirect has been noted there, which means that they'll probably sell
very quickly.

As to whether one can put Squeak on there on top of the current WinCE, I
don't think that will work - it's not a complete WinCE, just enough to
get the browser going.

-- Duane