[License]: need expert [CSOTD newbie technique tip included!]

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Feb 11 03:55:39 UTC 2002

"Andrew C. Greenberg" wrote:

> Hey, guys, its time to get rid of the Apple fonts.

That's something I've been meaning to look at for awhile.  We should be able to incorporate the bitmap fonts which were hand-created for the StableSqueak project.  These include a suitable replacement for the current "New York" fonts from Apple, which we could then get rid of.  (The New York fonts are the only ones from Apple.)

I could look into making this happen now that we have 3.3alpha open... including making sure everything is kosher with the creator of the StableSqueak fonts.

> Squeak-L can only be changed if Apple cooperates, for, like it or not,
> they own the core.  I would love to see us do that, and will agressively
> and actively cooperate in that project.  ...
>
> Clearly, this issue should be a priority for FSF.  I would be ecstatic
> if we could get Apple simply to assign its interest in Squeak-L to FSF,
> and would start with that begging. ...

I assume you mean SqF (Squeak Foundation), not FSF, here?

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com