[License]: need expert

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Feb 11 07:47:18 UTC 2002

>  >
>>  I'll take this up with OSI, as I think that SqF should strive to (re)license
>>  "canonical Squeak" under an OSD-compliant license. As soon as I
>>have something
>  > back from them, I'll post here.
>
>Great. This would help us regarding FSF.

Mmm besides thinking about letting sleeping dogs lie when wanting to
reopen the Squeak licence with Apple I'm surprised that no-one has
mentioned that Apple (if thing are rational with this legal stuff)
would just dump it under their current open source licence as most
cost effective and 'er rational' solution.

http://www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/

Lots of discussion on that around.

Would that be better than today? Maybe the dog should continue to sleep...