Process local variable and debugging

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 11 21:00:55 UTC 2002

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> None of the stuff I did (which has been a while ago) worked correctly in
> the debugger.
I'd still like to see it though; maybe I can spot a way to make it play
nice! A good thrashing with a stick (no bigger around than my thumb, of
course) may be sufficient.

> Notice that just intercepting #activeProcess won't help - it may be sent
> during a #quickStep (e.g., a non-simulated send during simulated
> execution) which is _not_ run in the simulated process.
Yup, I didn't think it would be a particuarly good approach, though
mostly I suspected it woud be a bit of a time cost more than anything.
Something that runs up the stack (like a simplified exception handling
run that doesn't bother to stop at handlers along the way up) still
seems most usable to me, but I'm very willing to be corrected on this.

tim

Strange OpCodes: SPDS: Scramble PDS