[ANN]SqueakNews Squeaker of the year final nominations

Editor editor at www.squeakonline.com
Mon Feb 11 10:55:15 UTC 2002

The final list of nominations follows:

Anthony Hannan
For: Block closures

Henrik Gedenryd
For: Modules and Fonts

Mark Guzdial
For: The two great books, his tireless efforts, and seeding many GATech
Squeakers and the music active tutorials

Stephane Ducasse & Xavier Briffault
For: The Squeak book in French

MathMorphs community
For: MathMorps, MorphicWrappers

Doug Way
For: International Harvester Supreme!

Cees  de Groot
For: Squeak list and Squeak Foundation efforts

Tim Rowledge
For: VmMaker

Leandro Caniglia and Valeria Murgia
For: GemSqueak and many more contributions

*Bob Arning
For:  his Super SWiki, tireless answers to questions, fixes and enhancements

*Initially we considered Bob as a part of Squeak Central but after our consultations the consensus was to keep him eligible for the Squeak News awards

John Sarkela
For: Squeak World Tour and Stable Squeak efforts

Ned Konz
For: NK Connectors

Jim Benson
For: Zurgle, and Quicktime plug-in