Process local variable and debugging

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Mon Feb 11 21:43:03 UTC 2002

Tim,

> If the process-globals are swapped when process
> are swapped (which seems pretty much required)
> then the debugger process will usurp the expected
> values of the original code.

If I understood Andreas' approach, each process would have a pointer to an
set of associations containing process globals.  That set of values would be
activated as part of process switching.  If I understand that correctly,
then the debugger should not look at the current process globals (its own),
but rather chase the values for the process being debugged when it needs to
present/edit them.

Your other points sound to be raising issues why this switching approach
might not be so simple as it sounds.

	--- Noel