lets co-opt the .net engines

David Simmons David.Simmons at smallscript.com
Mon Feb 11 21:56:51 UTC 2002

Hi Noel,

The native AOS platform, which includes the SmallScript compiler and a
significant core class library, will be available at no cost from
SmallScript Corp, now and into the future. The SmallScript.NET elements,
various solution toolkits and components will all be commercial items.

The core class library includes all the classes need to implement the
object model, the SmallScript language and various compilers, a basic
graphics and user interface toolkit, and a variety of other foundation
elements one might expect for a basic scripting and dynamic language
framework.

There is already community work on the creation of an "open source"
ANSI.Smalltalk module to provide classic Smalltalk services, and a
number of other libraries have already been contributed and are being
community grown for networking, wiki, and cross-dialect
file-in/file-out, etc.

-- Dave S. [SmallScript LLC]

SmallScript for the AOS & .NET Platforms
David.Simmons at SmallScript.com | http://www.smallscript.org