lets co-opt the .net engines

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Tue Feb 12 01:58:36 UTC 2002

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>> http://research.microsoft.com/projects/ilx/

> Does it provide support for dynamically typed languages? How
officially supported is it?

> AFAIK, David Simmons had to basically implement his own VM on top of
.net to support
> SmallScript (correct me if I'm wrong).

	You already heard it straight from David.

	I only want to draw your attention to the little 'x' in that
link.

	Hopefully, at a later version of CLR, it will be extended enough
so that Smalltalk will feel more comfortable there, just like 'ilx' is
now trying to make those typeful languages happy.

> You know, MS-research ~= MS ...

	Sorry, I miss your point. All I see is that
research.microsoft.com is a subdomain of microsoft.com ;-)

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.