SIGHUP and printAllStacks?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Feb 12 07:00:32 UTC 2002

>  > Mmmm I wonder if I could code an Apple event to do the same for
>mac classic VM?
>
>Does the applescript
>
>   tell application "Squeak" to quit
>
>do anything useful?
>
>Besides, I prefer to force quit my apps.  It is far more dramatic, and it
>is usually necessary. :)
>
>-Eric

No, lurking in the background has been this desire to feed events,
mmm heck even say some Smalltalk code to compile and execute! from
the VM via the event loop. I'm sure I recall the exobox folks having
something in a VM like that?

Thus when you do a shutdown, you could get squeak to prompt you to
quit, or save and quit. Versus a non-termination, or termination
no-save depending on the type of shutdown request.