apple script and os-x and squeak VM, a request for help

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Feb 13 07:55:57 UTC 2002

Hi, I've an applescript plugin bundle for the 3.2.x macintosh VM.

But...

The problem is that when we go and compile say 3+4 using OSACompile
that works and the OSAExecute seems to work, mind it returns
OSAID(16rC0000009('     ')) and when we do the OSADisplay on this
asking for the text value we get a -1700 and failure... (mind
returning the return code as a positive 32bit integer does confuse
you at first, a wee bug that should be fixed).

So I'm looking for an Applescript fellow to go see why this doesn't
work? It works ok under os-9 so there must be some interesting issue
with os-x (why would that not surprise me).

So if you are interested email me for the bundle plugin and I'll get
you started.