Interesting Language Search

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Thu Feb 14 04:35:24 UTC 2002

BTW, people have put multiple inheritance into Smalltalk a number of
times -- it's pretty easy (and very easy in Squeak). I just don't
think any such mechanisms are worth it without a good "algebra" that
helps define and control what the nonlinear collisions are supposed
to mean. Also the multiple perspective ideas handle most cases better
with less hierarchy etc.

Cheers,

Alan

-----