Problems building Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 14 11:45:00 UTC 2002

>Hi there,
>
>I'm trying to build Squeak (checked out from sourceforge) on MacOS X
>using ProjectBuilder, as descri bed in the readme document included.
>Sofar I've managed to compile all the files, but the linker is now
>complaining of undefined symbols:
>_positive64BitIntegerFor
>_positive64BitValueOf
>_signed64BitIntegerFor
>_signed64BitValueOf
>
>I've searched through the sources, but couldn't find any references
>to these symbols.
>Does anyone have a clue?
>
>Rudi Angela
>--

Well if you update your image to change set 4743. You should pickup

4649LargeFiles-JMM which contains the code you need. You of course
need to build a new interp.c

title [FIX] again 4744 (or 3.2.x) updates to resync to mac 3.2.2. VM

which ensures all the changes I think that should be in 3.2.2 are in
fact there (baring some issues with *.h files between the image and
source forge).

Also ensure you've updated your source tree, this will allow you to
build 3.2.4 (since I posted those changes tonight)