[BUG] 3.2g-4743 problem with lists in morphic

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 00:39:00 UTC 2002

Tim,

I've seen the problem in a different context. It's been coming in with
CS 4722fixScrollbarOnRight-sm and it says:

ScrollPane>>showScrollBar
	(submorphs includes: scrollBar)
		ifTrue: [^ self].
	self resizeScrollBar.
	self privateAddMorph: scrollBar atIndex: 1.
	retractableScrollBar
		ifTrue:
			["Bring the pane to the front so that it is
fully visible"
			self comeToFront.
			self owner ifNotNil: [self owner comeToFront]]
		ifFalse: [self resetExtent]

Watch the line "self owner comeToFront" - this leads to a) having system
windows randomly jump to the top of the world if you mouse over a list
(like in the browser) and b) will naturally make your list jump to the
front of the aligmnent (and thus switch order).

I don't know what exactly the idea was - the aforementioned CS has this
change as its only contents and so I _guess_ there was some reason for
it (considering that the previous version did the same - but only for
scrollbars on the right which is _still_ broken ;-) I just can't figure
which one....

Cheers,
  - Andreas

3-2-version5.3.cs
EBCDIC: Erase, Back up, Chew Disk, Ignite Card