[GOODIE] WindowCollapse

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Sun Feb 17 22:45:30 UTC 2002

In my last less than lucid description of how I use the AnimationMorph, I
described what sounded like a nearly magical window collapse animation. Here
is a simple subset of the animation, coded for Squeak 3.2 gamma 4743.

This includes a pretty naive implementation of a VehicleMorph, which cries
out for pluggable blocks of code for the steering behaviors. I'm waiting for
the block closures VM to become more stable before really working on this.

File in the code, then open a SystemWindows in a new project. Click the
collapse button, and the window will collapse to a thumbnail (WindowIcon).
You can click-drag the icon around the screen. A simple click on the
thumbnail expands the window. Note that 'collapse all windows' and 'expand
all windows' under the world windows menu works correctly, so that you can
have several animations going at once. Note that this is really designed for
faster machines.

Note that when a WindowIcon is picked up by the hand, a semi-transparent
ghost follows when the mouse is moved quickly.

Enjoy,

Jim Benson