Alice textures, particles

yampa at mindspring.com yampa at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 18 00:05:20 UTC 2002

I have been trying to add a texture that has transparent areas to a panel in Alice.  The areas which should be clear are drawn black.  Is it possible to have a transparent texture, or if it isn't, how can I fix it?

Also, I have toyed with the idea of building a particle system for Alice, which may be able to provide effects like smoke, water, etc. My code so far would like to use B3DPrimitiveRasterizer>>processPoints, but this is not implemented yet.  I have been looking at the implemented processPolygon: method as an example, but I haven't been able to use it to build a workable processPoints method.  Can anyone give me pointers on how to build this method?