Impacts of the squeak garbage collector

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Feb 18 15:55:36 UTC 2002

Interval had a great submillisecond GC that was terrific for
real-time apps. Maybe we can get this from them now that they have
donated their work to Stanford (per Glenn Edens).

Don't forget that the current GC (and any Squeak GC) has to handle
real time demands for animation and music, etc.

Cheers,

Alan

------