[BC] Block Closures, Version 2

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Feb 19 15:15:12 UTC 2002

On Friday, February 15, 2002, at 09:30 PM, Anthony Hannan wrote:

> Hello all,
> 	Is anyone able to run the latest BC version
> (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/BlockClosureVersion). I can, but for
> John and Scott it seg faults when starting up.

I tried just the general VM patches, and it also segfaults for me.  The
place it crashes is

		commonReturn:	/*  */;
			nilOop = nilObj;
			thisCntx = activeContext;
-->			if ((cntx == nilOop) || ((longAt(((((char *) cntx)) + 4) +
(1 << 2))) == nilOop)) {
				/* begin internalCannotReturn: */
				/* begin internalPush: */

The 'cntx' variable contains a 0 / NULL, whereas nilOop contains
71049220.  Maybe the check should be for NULL/nil?

This is on Mac OS X.

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher				Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel at metaobject.com		www.metaobject.com