Smalltalk-72 [Was: threads]

Duane T Williams duane at cmu.edu
Wed Feb 20 05:44:35 UTC 2002

>Thanks to Marcel Weiher, "The Early History of Smalltalk" can be found at:
>

>	http://www.metaobject.com/papers/SmallHistory.pdf

Alan,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your history of Smalltalk and I laughed aloud
at your jabs at philosophers, programmers, etc.

I was fortunate to be at Carnegie Mellon in 1980.  I forget exactly when we
got them, but it wasn't too long after I arrived that we acquired several
Altos for our terminal room.  So I got to play with them a bit.  They were
the coolest machines I had ever seen.  I don't remember seeing Smalltalk on
them, but I never had a chance to use them very much.

Thanks for posting your history.

	Duane