quick mac comswiki question

jack jeaton at trentu.ca
Wed Feb 20 15:20:13 UTC 2002

hi,

i am just trying to get any kind of swiki working to check it out for
the first time. i found an older version somewhere, which i got running
by dragging the image onto the vm in macos. i clicked on the start
server button, waited patiently and observed it turn red, presumably
indicating that the swiki had started up and was running.

here is the problem, when i went to configure the swiki through the
http://localhost/admin/help#getStarted interface, i just get an error
from my browser saying that the server cannot be located. i am using
netscape 4.7 and IE 5 and both have the same result... i also use a DSL
ISP, so could that have any effect on my ports and things?

after failing to get that old swiki package running i dl'ed the most
recent from the link on the swiki swiki and got the same result

any ideas to get comswiki running are greatly appreciated,

jack