[Modules] Upper case message names for accessing modules

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 20 17:10:48 UTC 2002

As Henrik wrote - there are other questions to tackle. It would be nice
if you all reacted to the "minimal meta card" I talked about for
example. :-) I am still "thinking" about the cataloging problem. It's a
bit tricky to get something simple and still scalable.

But... that was not the thing I wanted to say. The issue with "imports"
should be rather small I think because hopefully Squeak will "auto
import" a module during compilation - at least if there is only one
module active that does define that name. Henrik?

Ok, why don't I test it - so I did. I made a class with a method
referring to Transcript.
Compilation went fine and I guess that because Modules are still weak it
even worked to run it
without any neighbor modules. So ok, I need to do it explicitly, I ran
the "self deepDeclareExternalRefs." from the explorer-thingy and then
BAM, it added two neighbors:

#(Squeak Language Core)*
#(Squeak Language Collections)*)

I am not sure why it didn't go all the way down to Streams... Even
adding a reference to ReadStream didn't make it go there. It actually
seems that these two modules are always neighbors - even with an empty
method!

How come Henrik? I tried referencing another of my own classes and that
got discovered correctly.

regards, Göran