Squeak 3.0 available with Sorcerer GNU LInux

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 20 16:19:36 UTC 2002

> If there is a later version that would be more appropriate to have as
> the standard one
> installed, let me know and I can update the spell.  (A "spell" is the
> SGL terminology for an
> automated installation script for a source software package. ).

Well, I've been putting together a Debian package for Squeak.  Probably
our efforts are very similar.  All the current work is in the
SourceForge repository.  For more info, start at:

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2173

For example, there  is an "inisqueak" script in there which will set up
a user's account with an image, changes file, and symbolic link to a
sources file.  There is also a "menu" entry (does Sorceror use any such
thing?) so that inisqueak can be invoked from the desktop menu.

Also, the SourceForge codebase is a bit newer, including many small
bugfixes and enhancements from the last couple of years.  It's also
integrated with VMMaker, which is nice for anyone that wants to muck
about with the VM.

-Lex