[ANN] [VM] [WIN32] Win32 build enhancements swiki

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Feb 20 23:00:29 UTC 2002

I've just modified http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1787  (Building a
Windows VM) to describe how I did the Win32 build with MSVC, and created a
page http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2281 that "describes the current
status, open issues, and possible future plans for building Squeak on
Win32. Currently it only has stuff that has attracted the author's
attention (Ross Boylan), but I encourage you to add to it."

I think the most notable general interest item in these changes is that
they permit MS Win squeaks to work with newer Unix images.

I should emphasize that though the result seems to work, it might not be
solid.  Also, things are likely to change quite a bit more in the
future--this is just a snapshot of something that seems to work.

Feedback welcome.