[updates] 6 for 3.3a (JPEGReaderWriter2.h clash)

Juan Manuel Vuletich jmvuletich at sinectis.com.ar
Thu Feb 21 02:14:33 UTC 2002

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry I didn't answer before, I'd missed your message. Please send
with copy to my address if you want to be sure I'll read something.

In fact, I always compiled the plugin in just one directory (the
generated files and libjpeg together).

The updated standard image contains a modification by Andreas to put
libjpeg in a subdirectory. On 6/2 I sent a message to the list with
subject: [FIX] RE: [updates] 6 for 3.3a (JPEGReaderWriter2.h clash). It
contains a changeset to fix a bug in Andreas' modif (and a description
of it).

I really believe the latest standard code should always be in the
updated standard image. So I'd try to avoid preparing a zip with the
"correct" code. The correct code should be in the image. Please take an
updated image, and filein my cs from 6/2. Then read the
JPEGReadWriter2Plugin class comment, and generate the code with
JPEGReadWriter2Plugin translate. The libjpeg files should go in the
subdirectory (as it ways in the class comment). I believe the makefiles
need an update.

Please tell about any problem (cc to me). There should not be any
filename clashing. So, it would be OK for me to put everything in a
single subdirectory, if needed. But then, we should get another cs in
the image, to get where we were before Andreas' cs.

Best Regards,

--
                   Juan Manuel Vuletich
                jmvuletich at sinectis.com.ar