[VM] Build report and queries (Unix and Win32)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 21 04:43:43 UTC 2002

> > and end up being a tiny bit too restrictive. Instead of fixing the
> sanity
> > check, it would be possible to just *remove* the check, but I don't
> remember
> > anyone proposing that kind of solution.
>
> For good reasons. Many (most?) Windows people are used to start
> applications and therefore, if there is a Squeak.exe they will try to
> start it and if it dies for no good reason or gives questionable
> user.

Hey Andreas, there's this company "Microsoft".  I think you would really
enjoy the line of operating systems they sell. :)

I prefer dumb software that just does what I ask.  Smart software can
ease things along sometimes, but on the other hand, when it messes up,
smart software can be harder to debug and fix.

But, we all have our preferences.  MS Windows and autoconf both really
irritate me, but both have huge followings who rave about how smart they
are.

-Lex