Pending mac vm 3.2.4 (need a tester or two)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Feb 21 06:24:44 UTC 2002

Morning (is it' morning yet)

Ok I"m looking at os-9 packages, (see below) However I need one or
two people to try the VM before I commit to doing this.
This means I need someone who has both os-9, os-x, and say (ok three
operating systems) os-8.x of some form. Although I've a few machines
here in my lab to play with it's always better to have someone else
confirm I've done things correctly.

Please email me and I'll email back an application to try.

Feb 20th 2002 3.2.4

For this version of the VM I have migrated towards using OS-9 packages.
This allows us to provide one folder/package that supports os-x and
previous operating system versions.

Given Squeak 3.2.4Beta1.app
The classic VM is found in the *.app:Contents:MacOSClassic, with an
alias in *.app:
The mach-o OS-X VM is found in *.app.Contents:MacOS

If you are running OS-9 then clicking on the *.app or doing drag and
drop will just run Squeak, same applies for OS-X.
If you are running OS-7.5.5 or OS-8.x then the *.app package will
appear as a folder, just open and click on the alias within.
Note that if you want to use classic plugins I suspect you need to
put them in the MacOSClassic Folder beside the VM.
Bundles for os-x go in the same location as the *.app application package.

Changes
a) Drag and drop at open time with image file that has no meta type,
will now open the image, versus prompting you.
b) Use an os-x window attribute at open time to signal that the
window should not be moved by the dock when you go to full screen.
c) Fix window update logic to use window that needs updating versus
stWindow to fix issues with print dialog windows in classic.
d) bitblt gets recompile to pickup fixes posted in 3.2 update stream.