how come my variable names keep changing to t<x>

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Feb 21 15:24:04 UTC 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:49:09 -0500 "Mark Mullin" <mark at vibrant3d.com> wrote:
>I went and did something to my image, and now whenever I save a method, the
>system reprints it with all the variables changed to t1 thru tn.  I've
>turned off all my printing prefs, anything else that looked guilty but the
>bad behavior remains.  Problem is if I double save, poof, there go all my
>meaningful variable names.  Whatever have I messed up ?

Oh, let's see...

- when you compile, is the method source being written to the changes file? You can check the end of the file with "Smalltalk recover: 1000."
- is the source being written with descriptive names or t1, t2, ...?
- what is the result of "YourClass acceptsLoggingOfCompilation"?

Cheers,
Bob