serialization and rematerialization of CompiledMethods, assistance needed!

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:43:30 UTC 2002

Chris Muller <afunkyobject at yahoo.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I need to be able to serialize a CompiledMethod to a byteArray and bring it
> back and use it.
>
> The serialization is easy since the CompiledMethod already is a ByteArray.
This will change fairly soon when the VI4 arrives, since CompiledMethods
will become 'proper' objects. At the moment CompiledMethods are evil
hybrid monsters that damage your dharma every time you stare at them too
hard.

Are you wanting to save individual methods, or a large batch of them?
Have you tried SmartRefStream yet? How about ImageSegments?

tim
I used to have a life, then I got DSL!