[BUG] Project saving hangs

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Feb 22 02:34:06 UTC 2002

ned at bike-nomad.com wrote:

> I'm trying to publish a Project. In the Project is an image that was
> read in from an external file. It takes forever to store the project
> (i.e. it never finishes).
>
> When I interrupt I see the following going on. Note that there is no
> file in the current directory called "3stageCharge.gif"; there may once
> have been but there isn't now. In fact, the image and changes files have
> been moved from where they started out.
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

I hope so ;-) Otherwise it would be yet another bug in the uploading
code :-(

I think what happened is that by moving the image the resource manager
in the project can't find the external file anymore. There is some magic
with caching and references (in the Squeaklets subdir) going on, so this
seems to me to be the most likely cause.

Michael