[ANN] [GOODIE] rST - Remote Smalltalk

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Fri Feb 22 15:15:23 UTC 2002

Hi,

>Really good. So, actually rST looks like RMI for Java. That's cool.
>What do you have plan to do next ?

The folowing steps are:
1) remote garbage collector (in progress)
2) replace the squeak serialization for other thing.  I plan to port to others smalltalks and we need an serialization multi-smalltalk
3) I'll see

> What do you want to do if you get instances from a server where the class does not exit on client ? And about migration.

The framework support pass objects by copy or by reference.  The problem only occurrs with "by copy" option, becouse in the "by reference" all the messages are processed in the image where the objec lives.  The final goal is to interoperate with diferents smalltalks, so the problem to send the class to the other side is a REAL problem.

>I have works for a good while on a similar system for Java. So perhaps I can contribute to go further.

Of course! just tell me what do you want to do...

>That is very nice, but better will certainly come.
>
>Best regards,
>Alexandre

Thanks,

Diego Gomez Deck